Shumen University is a prestigious university approved both in Bulgaria and abroad. It has modern facilities for teaching, research and art work. Its specialities comprise the variety of higher education subjects, consisting of humanities, natural, mathematical, pedagogical and technical sciences.
The Pathway group of Shumen University is led by Assoc. prof. Dragomir Marchev, lecturer in astronomy at the Department of Natural Sciences. There are five staff members working part-time on the project activities. The working team has established a wide network of former students, teachers and other specialists working in the field of education and training which actively contribute to the implementation of the project activities and provide sustainability of the project results.
Involvement in PATHWAY
The SHU team will participate actively in the development of the Pathway project activities and coordinate the organization and implementation of the training activities in Bulgaria.
- Dr. Borislav Borisov: Project Coordinator for the Shumen University, Lecturer at the Shumen University
- Dr. Dragomir Marchev: Project Manager for the Shumen University, Vice Rector of Shumen University
- DrSci Diana Kyurkchieva: Project Assistant for the Shumen University. She is responsible for the inquiry based science education methods and activities.
- Dr. Nataliya Toncheva: Project Assistant for the Shumen University. She is responsible for the inquiry based math and science education methods and activities.
- Dr. Veselka Radeva: Project Assistant
- Valeriya Ivanova: Project Assistant for the Shumen University